Marquez wins the French MotoGP at Le Mans, Honda's 300th premier-class victory, after fending off an early Ducati challenge. Miller - who briefly passed Marquez to lead - later lost out to factory team riders Dovizioso and Petrucci, Petrucci claiming his first podium since the same event last year.
After initially mixing it with the leaders, Rossi settled into fifth before closing on Miller at the end of the race.
KTM's Espargaro delivered the best dry performance for the RC16, during the race debut for the factory's carbon-fibre swingarm. Vinales was taken out by Bagnaia, while home star Quartararo ran wide before an impressive recovery from 16th.
Race Results :
1. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 41min 53.647sec
2. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA/Ducati) at 1.984
3. Danilo Petrucci (ITA/Ducati) 2.142
4. Jack Miller (AUS/Ducati-Pramac) 2.940
5. Valentino Rossi (ITA/Yamaha) 3.053
6. Pol Espargaro (ESP/KTM) 5.935
7. Franco Morbidelli (ITA/Yamaha-SRT) 7.187
8. Fabio Quartararo (FRA/Yamaha-SRT) 8.439
9. Cal Crutchlow (GBR/Honda-LCR) 9.853
10. Alex Rins (ESP/Suzuki) 13.709
Championship Standings :
1. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 95 pts
2. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA/Ducati) 87
3. Alex Rins (ESP/Suzuki) 75
4. Valentino Rossi (ITA/Yamaha) 72
5. Danilo Petrucci (ITA/Ducati) 57
Article Source : MotorSport