Marc Marquez says the crash that brought his MotoGP win streak at Austin to an abrupt end was “hard to understand” because he was not pushing to the limit. The Honda rider, unbeaten in his previous six premier class appearances at the Circuit of the Americas, appeared well positioned to make it seven wins there in a row as he sprinted away from his pursuers from pole position in the early laps on Sunday. Alex rins claimed his victory.
Having established a gap over second-placed Valentino Rossi of 3.8 seconds, Marquez undid his hard work with a low-side crash at Turn 12 just shy of half-distance and was unable to continue. Rossi went on to finish second behind Suzuki rider Alex Rins, who scored his first MotoGP win, while Andrea Dovizioso moved to the head of the riders’ standings by finishing fourth.
1. Alex Rins (Spa/Suzuki) 41mins 45.499secs
2. Valentino Rossi (Ita/Yamaha) +0.462
3. Jack Miller (Aus/Ducati) +8.454
4. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita/Ducati) +9.420
5. Franco Morbidelli (Ita/Yamaha) +18.021
1. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita/Ducati) 54 points
2. Valentino Rossi (Ita/Yamaha) 51
3. Alex Rins (Spa/Suzuki) 49
4. Marc Marquez (Spa/Honda) 45
5. Danilo Petrucci (Ita/Ducati) 30
Article Source : AutoSport